Crowns are used to repair teeth that are significantly decayed or damaged. If a tooth is damaged to the point that a dental filling cannot effectively restore its function and health, your dentists may recommend a dental crown. A crown entirely covers the affected tooth. Dr. Jelinek, Dr. de Llano, and Dr. Silva may recommend a dental crown to:
- Complete a dental implant
- Support a dental bridge
- Repair a damaged or decayed tooth
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
- Improve the function and appearance of an irregularly shaped tooth
- Strengthen a fractured or weakened tooth
Your custom dental crown will fit your smile comfortably and aesthetically. We are pleased to offer iTero® technology at our Edina dental office, which allows our dentists to create digital impressions for a precise fit. To learn more about how a dental crown can restore your smile, we welcome you to call or visit us at York Dental today!