Did you know that studies have shown that fluoride, in small doses, can actually improve your oral health by protecting your tooth enamel? It works by actively targeting your enamel and providing an additional layer of protection when working alongside saliva in your mouth.
Save your smile with a fluoride supplement. Here’s how:
– Fluoride can often be found in toothpaste, mouthwash, professional cleanings by your dentist, and in pill form. Fluoride pills can be taken as lozenges, pill, tablets, and drops.
– Fluoride has been deemed unsafe in very large quantities and should be avoided completely with infants.
– Fluoride is often added to products as a supplementary oral health treatment, but it is also naturally found in bodies of water all around the world.
– Fluoride products that are guaranteed safe are those that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance given out by the American Dental Association.
– Fluoride works to protect your tooth enamel from dental erosion and cavities, which is why is has been added to the public water supply.
York Dental remains committed to your oral health, and you are welcome to book an appointment with us by calling 952-841-0122. Stop by our dentist office in Edina, Minnesota, and our team will give you the fluoride treatment you need. Let us help you with all of your oral health care needs.